Leader, you can do this in the middle of the worship, in the middle of the notices, as soon as the service starts or even in the midst of a dull sermon 😉 (I know, you never are in the middle of preaching and think man, if this is boring me what MUST it be doing to them – that’s only me)
5. Give a word of knowledge. Ask God for one, and be open with God – tell Him. The surprise is that God wants to speak more than you do. So ask for a word for healing, or for finances, or for anything – and watch God come through for you!
4. Call everyone in pain forward. Lay hands on each of them and command the pain to leave. Ask who has less pain to share a quick testimony.
3. Get everyone to pray in tongues for five minutes. If people cannot pray in tongues, call them forward and believe God for them to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
2. Invite everyone in the church believing for a new job, a job, promotion or a payrise forward. Lay hands on them and agree with them.
1. Give an altar call – it doesn’t have to wait until the end of the service. Explain the gospel quickly and get everyone to bow their heads and close their eyes and invite anyone wanting to know Jesus to raise their hand. Then prayer with everyone in the room and make sure the people who got saved get a bag of literature or you get their details so you can follow up!
Now you never need have an unenergized service again – say thanks Ben!
Every single human needs someone in their life who dreams big for them and isn’t intimidated or nervous if they succeed in abundance. You need someone who loves you and knows you can make – and tells you face to face.
We all need someone with flesh and blood to tell us on the outside what God is saying on the outside: you are awesome and you can walk in your dreams!
In fact, I believe you need three people like this as a minimum. One who is further along the road than you – someone who recognizes a little bit of their younger self in you and your fanaticism and dream. Someone who has clearly acquired wisdom that you have no access to apart from them. Someone who can give you advice with integrity because you know they know what they are talking about.
You need another who is about the same place in the journey of seeing the dream fulfilled as you – someone to challenge you, a friendly rival, a safe refuge, a comrade in dreams. People like this are gold dust – so many people are consumed with ambition, that holding the hand of a peer or giving them a boost is anathema. Don’t be like that – be confident enough in your dream and value that it doesn’t bother you to help someone else shine bright.
Finally, you need to find someone that is not where you are – but you know they will be and you need to make the path easier for them. That helps you realize you are moving forward and have learned some stuff. This makes way for you in so many ways, and it makes you realize the investment that others have put in you and makes you appreciate it so much.
I am so privileged that I have an abundance of all three of these – mentors, peers and people I mentor. And the quality of people I have in all three positions is just wonderful.
Maybe you wish you had people like this in your life? If you need some help in recognizing a mentor or leader, then listen here to message 4 and 5 here, they will help you so much in how to find the people that God has prepared for you to learn from and teach to.
If you know you have good leaders, peers and people you mentor – let us know here, or if you have any advice on these or questions, please post them!