Ok, so accusations are powerful. They hurt, they cause trouble, they can de-rail your entire ministry. So what do you as a leader and pastor do about them?
- Praying for someone to experience the blessings of Christ is the exact opposite to accusing. Pray for who? Those who persecute you!
- Pray for all the people who accuse you, not that their teeth will be smashed in their mouth but that they will experience God’s richest blessings.
- It’s the counter-spirit to accusations, it’s the spirit of Christ!
- Bring it to the Light!
- Accusers like to work in the dark. They are sneaky, spreading gossip and lies. They work backward and sideways.
- So bring it to the light. Go to the person “I heard you say I am not this, not that, that I do this”. Bring it to the light, it soon stops it!
- That’s right – get in the pulpit and explain to people how evil accusing is. Deal with the accusations from the pulpit – in the light.
- If they accuse you of not fasting on the right days, preach on new wineskins.
- If they accuse you being just a carpenter, teach on where a prophet is accepted.
- If they accuse you of eating with sinners, teach them what the mission of the church should be!