5. Local newspaper – take out an ad. Best to do this for a particular service and not Sundays in general. People will see an advert for church and intend to go one day. Invite people for a special service and they will make the effort to come.
4. Radio News Boards. Both Premier Radio and UCB Radio have free notice boards online. You just tell them about a special event and put it in the boards. Costs nothing, and people do read them!
3. A leaflet drop. 10000 leaflets costs a couple of hundred pounds and distributing them about the same. Don’t skimp on design! Again as per the local newspaper advert, advertise for a specific event. We have found that in most places 1000 leaflets will bring 1 person to a service.
2. Facebook. Facebook adverts are amazing. You can target whatever people you want. You can spend as much or as little as you want. There is a power in social media that every church must tap into.
1. Word of Mouth. There is no power like word of mouth power. You can do this organically – just keep preaching the Word and loving people and they will eventually tell people about church. You can also push it a bit by giving your church leaflets to the next big event and doing some teaching on why it is important to invite people. There’s loads of ways to mobilize your church to becoming the best advert ever – you know your people, you know what will work. Ask God for wisdom in this. There is nothing as powerful as this. I still believe to use as many forms of advertising as possible, but never ever neglect this one – it’s the key!