It’s so important we ask our upcoming leaders good questions and make them think.
Also if you don’t know the people you are raising up, how can you know how to help them best? You could be teaching people things they already know or don’t need to know.
* What are you designed to do?
* What is the group you are part of designed to do?
* How do you fit in to the group?
* What is your top need?
* What is the top need of the group you are in, in your opinion?
* What area do you think you have the most need of growth?
* What are your strengths?
* What makes you really feel compassion?
* Do you have the resources and people you need to complete your tasks?
* Are you prepared to pour yourself out for other people?
* Are you committed to equipping others?
* Are you being effective?
* Who are you raising and recognizing as future leaders?
* Have you made any assumptions in that situation without getting enough knowledge?
I do not ask these of our leaders in an interview style – don’t suddenly start interrogating your leaders, but I hold them in mind and throw them into conversations, not word for word, but appropriate for the conversation. Those questions really help me raise up leaders. They will help you too.