I promised you that we would give you a simple instruction on Wednesdays that if you put it into place in your life would bring you closer to making your dreams come true.
And here is our first piece of Wednesday Wisdom for you: take good notes.
The Bible tells us that those who wait on the Lord shall be made strong again. We read that “wait” as in wait for a bus and just did nothing hoping one day our strength to walk in our dreams would magically return, like the number 62 bus.
But that didn’t happen because we read the verse wrong, it actually means “wait” as in wait on a table. And what is the first thing you associate with a waiter or waitress: a notepad.
To be a success in life you must write things down! It’s that simple. Studies show that if you write down your dreams you are now ten to fifteen times more likely to see them come to pass. If you keep a food diary, you will lose weight. There is a power in writing things down.
Here are some of the things you should be writing down and reviewing regularly:
- Your dreams and goals
- Sermon notes from church on Sunday
- To Do lists
- Instructions from your boss
- Notes from inspirational books and CDs
- Lessons you have learned
Here are some things you should definitely consider writing
- A food diary, especially if you need to lose weight
- Things that make you laugh
- Things that make you think
- What you would do if money was no object
Learn to become a note taker. Don’t be the waiter who tries to do it all from memory and forgets it all.
When you take notes, you free your mind up from the task of memory and release it to be more creative. You know you won’t forget your assignment because you wrote it down and can look it up again.
Finally three simple tips to take good notes:
- Write clearly! You want to come back to this.
- Buy a good note book. Your pastor is sharing life-changing information and you are writing on the back of a receipt? No way… Buy a decent notepad, spend some money on that thing.
- Date your notes and at the top write down the purpose of the notes. This will help immensely when coming back to review them.